Monday, May 21, 2012

Afternoon of playing songs outside in the nice afternoon sun.

Robbie and I had a fun afternoon of playing songs outside in the nice afternoon sun (and shade) yesterday. We setup a couple of mics and record vocals and both our guitars running into a small mixer, and then into Robbie's Zoom H2. We also set up 3 cameras to video the whole thing.

Our goal, besides just having fun, is to capture at least one decent take of one song. Robbie and I chose a song we co-wrote together called "The Sadness".

Despite the intruder, we had a really good time.

I listened back to some of the audio and it's not that great, but it is what it is. The video looked OK, but the Flip camera file was corrupted, so it's only going to be a two camera shot instead of three. Oh well.

I started to poke around with the video in Sony Vegas. Vegas would not render the audio from the AVI from my camera. The Mp4 from Robbie's camera wouldn't render at all. So at this time, no video. Although I can view the individual files on my PC using VLC player. I will have to try to convert them to different formats until I find one that works. I tried "fixing" the MP4 from the FLIP camera. The program ran all night on a 1 GB file, so I'm thinking that's not working, but I'll check tonight. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment