Friday, October 23, 2015

Fun show last night with The 1969s at Three Links in Deep Ellum

It's been so long since we've played that I can't really remember the last gig. I believe that it has been a year since our last show. We recorded back in May with Chris Mancini on drums, and that was Chris' last time to jam with me and Scott.

Since then we had Brair Sparkman come in a jam with us, but he wasn't into it. Since then Scott's friend Sal Torneo has been with us and that's working out pretty well.

I looked it up and our last gig was at Club DaDa with Lee Bains II and the Glory Fires, and we played with the same band last night. Lee Bains is pretty cool. They are from Alabama and have a cool kind of Alt Southern Rock thing going on. They have some interesting songs.

I just downloaded their album "There is a Bomb in Gilead" and it's very good. I don't think it represent their live show very much thought. I'll check out some of their other stuff. Maybe other albums do capture that vibe.






Our show went well. We played good and Sal fit right in.

Hopefully we will have more shows soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment