Thursday, January 21, 2016

Cheap delay pedal - did I get what I paid for?

So I bought this cool little Donner delay pedal. It's super small, but very sturdy. It was also very cheap, around $35. I wanted a no-frills small pedal and the YouTube videos made it sound good, and the reviews were mostly good. The only knock was that a couple of people wrote reviews saying the "click" sound was very loud. Others specifically said that the pedal they purchased was not particularly loud when you stepped on it. So, I took the plunge.



Well, sure enough, that sucker is loud. When you step on it and click, the sound is way louder than my other pedals which look to have the same standard on/off switch. I don't know what it is about this one, but it's annoyingly loud.

It's so loud that I think with softer parts of some of my songs, and the small clubs we play, that the audience will hear the click from the stage. It's that loud.

I guess I'm going to return it. I wish I could just replace the switch. I kind of looked into that, and I can buy a switch for a couple of bucks, but I'm not so sure about my soldering skill.

I have another cheap Behringer delay pedal that was about the same price, and although the click is not loud, the thing is made out of plastic and it just seems like it's made like crap. The Bonner is really sturdy with a metal case.


No comments:

Post a Comment